I’m a lazy cook. Preferring one-pot recipes over elaborate stir fries.
That’s why I keep a number of recipes I can whip up within minutes. Recently, I got this organic brown rice meesua (flour noodles) from Four Seasons organic market and came up with this simple and fuss-free recipe, suitable for a light lunch for mom and 2 servings for baby (you can keep it in the fridge and serve next morning).
Chicken with green peas and corn Meesua
- 2-3 cups/50g of organic brown rice handmade noodles
- 2 chicken drumsticks (you can substitute with chicken fillet)
- 1 cup garden green peas
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (can substitute with carrots)
- 1/2 small onion
- thumb-sized piece of ginger
- salt and pepper for taste
- (optional) 2 red dates
1. Bring 500 ml of water to boil. Add in onion, ginger, dates and chicken. Sprinkle pinch of salt and pepper.
2. When chicken is half-cooked (meat has sealed), add in green peas and corn.
3. After 10 minutes, add mee sua and stir occassionally for 3-5 minutes.
4. Scoop out amount necessary for child and use a clean kitchen scissors to cut them up. If you want to, add a dash of soya sauce to your portion for extra taste.
Oliver is still nursing a slight cough, that’s why I added the red dates since I don’t have carrots. Serve while still warm.
Linking up with: